A Note from the PR and Communications Committee:
Thanks to all who participated in our discussion of You Don’t Need a Title to Be a Leader last week! This month, we will discuss Lumbee Indians in the Jim Crow South: Race, Identity and the Making of a Nation by Prof. Malinda Maynor Lowry. Prof. Lowry will join us at the full forum meeting on November 6th at 10am in the Pleasants Room at Wilson Library. She will give us a brief introduction of her work and talk a little about her process for writing the book. Please join us, even if you aren’t a forum member!
Our regular book club meeting dates will take place from 12pm-1pm at Bulls Head Book Shop:
- November 25: Lumbee Indians in the Jim Crow South: Race, Identity and the Making of a Nation (UNC Faculty Author Malinda Maynor Lowry)
- December 20: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- January 31: The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- February 28: The Making of a Southern Democracy: North Carolina Politics from Kerr Scott to Pat McCrory by Tom Eamon
- March 27: Love 2.0 (UNC Faculty Author Barbara Frederickson)
Don’t forget to pick up your copy of these titles at Bulls Head Books for 25% the cover price!