Skip to main content

June 15, 2021 Employee Forum Executive Committee minutes

Attending: L. E. Alexander, Tiffany Carver, Jen DeNeal, Phil Edwards, Shayla Evans-Hollingsworth, Stephanie Forman, Adrianne Gibilisco, Natasha Hanks, Shayna Hill, Keith Hines, James Holman, Haydée Marchese, Arlene Medder, Katie Musgrove, Natiaya Neal, Brooke O’Neal, Ayla Ocasio, Laura Pratt, Kevin Robinson, David Rogers, Robert Smith III, Antonio Squire, Charles Streeter, Jacob Womack

Chair Shayna Hill called the meeting to order at 11:30 a.m. She called for a motion to approve the minutes of the May meeting. This motion was made and approved by unanimous consent. She welcomed Ayla Ocasio and Matt Banks to present the Forum’s monthly budget report. Members discussed the upcoming arrangements for the Forum retreat on July 14-15th.

Kevin Robinson presented an edited version of the Standing Rules document and received suggestions for edits. Members discussed possibilities for Forum meeting arrangements from August forward, as the COVID pandemic situation seemed to have calmed down somewhat. The Chair asked delegates to investigate possibilities for meeting space for the general meetings of the Forum.

The Chair led the committee in a discussion of planning for the June 22nd community meeting on employee return to campus July 19th. Keith Hines and Charles Streeter took the lead in planning for the event, as Matt Banks would be on vacation that week.

The Chair noted that the Chancellor’s Cup golf tournament will take place September 29th at Sanford’s Tobacco Road golf club. She encouraged delegates to assist if possible. She also hoped to find sponsors for the UNC-Chapel Hill golf hole.

The Chair welcomed former delegate David Rogers to discuss plans for the opening day of the Forum Retreat on July 14th. Rogers explained the process by which the Carolina Outdoor Education Center has prepared teambuilding exercises for that morning.

The Chair asked for committee reports for this, her last official meeting as Chair. Brooke O’Neal reported that the Book Club will meet July 22nd to discuss The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon. Jen DeNeal reported the results of the June 8th Carolina Blood Drive. Arlene Medder reported that the Carolina Community Garden would try to update its distribution of produce to campus employees. Antonio Squire reported that the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion committee had begun work on alternative holiday options for employees, having met with Vice Chancellor of Human Resources Linc Butler. L. E. Alexander said that the Education and Career Development committee was reviewing Carolina Family Scholarship applications and should distribute notifications to applicants in July. The Personnel Issues committee continues its planning for the Forum retreat. There was no report from the Recognition & Awards committee. Kevin Robinson noted that the ad hoc Rules committee would need to be approved by the Forum to gain official status.

The Chair asked Matt Banks to send out a Qualtrics form asking delegate preference as to whether the retreat should be held virtually or in a hybrid format.

In the absence of further discussion, the meeting adjourned by acclamation at 1:30 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,                                               Matt Banks, Recording Secretary

Follow this blog

Get every new post delivered right to your inbox.