- This event has passed.
UNC ‘Food for all’ campus-wide food drive
October 8, 2016 @ 8:00 am - October 21, 2016 @ 5:00 pm
Fight hunger in North Carolina!
This food drive contributes to Harris Teeter’s Million Meals Challenge, a competition between UNC-Chapel Hill, Duke University, NC State University, and Wake Forest University to raise the most food throughout the 2016-2017 athletic season.
Donations booths will be set up at the following special events:
- Oct. 8 – Tar Heel Town during the UNC vs. Virginia Tech football game
- Oct. 14 – Late Night with Roy at the Dean Smith Center
- Oct. 21 – Employee Appreciation Day at the Carolina Union
- The Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina has identified its most-needed items (PDF).
- Bring your donations to a bin around campus! (PDF)
- Monetary donations will be accepted at the above special events.
- $1 equals five meals for hungry North Carolinians.
Celebrate with us:
- Come to UNC Employee Appreciation Day on Oct. 21, 2016 and guess the total amount of food raised throughout the drive for a chance to win prizes.
Volunteer with us:
- Volunteers who participate in drop-off and pick-up efforts, as well as volunteers at Employee Appreciation Day, are eligible to take Community Service Leave (CSL) with supervisor approval.
- Unfortunately, since the special events at the football game and Late Night with Roy are outside of regular business hours, CSL is not available for these volunteers.
- For more information on how to take CSL, please visit the UNC Human Resources website.