For spring enrollment, the application deadline is November 7
The Janet B. Royster (JBR) Memorial Staff Scholarship Fund was created in August of 2011 by the UNC Staff Assembly in memory of UNC-TV employee Janet B. Royster. Janet represented UNC-TV on the General Administration Staff Forum and was subsequently elected to the UNC Staff Assembly. She served as its first Parliamentarian until her untimely death in June 2011. This scholarship promotes staff development for permanent, full-time, non-faculty employees, as well as recognizes and honors Janet’s leadership and dedication to all UNC employees.
The JBR Memorial Staff Scholarship provides one or more annual awards, based on the availability of funds. Scholarships provide assistance towards earning a degree or other professional certification. The maximum award amount per academic year is $1,000. Awards are not automatically renewable. Recipients are selected by a Selection Committee. Some of the following factors will be considered by the committee in making selections:
- The educational goals of the applicant
- The financial needs of the applicant
- The commitment of the applicant to his or her UNC employer institution
- The relationship of the educational program to the applicant’s job
Applicants are encouraged to describe how the educational program relates to the applicant’s career goals.
The scholarship can be applied to the cost of tuition, fees, books, or registration fees. Payment will be made directly to the school, provider, or vendor.
- Be a permanent full-time non-faculty employee of the UNC system
- Submit a completed application
- Include information that will help the selection committee understand how the educational opportunity will benefit you and your UNC institution
For more information and the application, please visit https://www.northcarolina.edu/scholarships/janet-b-royster-jbr-memorial-staff-scholarship-fund