Resolution 18-02. On Amending Staff Assembly Elections Timeline
The Employee Forum of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
February 7, 2018
Appendix II. Election of Delegates to the Staff Assembly
- Election of Staff Assembly Delegates
- Employees who are incoming, currently-serving, or outgoing Delegates may run for election as a Staff Assembly Delegate. Staff Assembly Delegates who are currently serving their first term may also run for re-election.
- Election of Staff Assembly Delegates shall take place annually at the September May meeting. The candidate receiving a majority of the votes wins the election. If no candidate receives a majority of the votes cast, there will be a run-off election between the two candidates with the most votes.
- Upon election, Staff Assembly Delegates shall become members of the Employee Forum Executive Committee.
- Any Staff Assembly Delegate may be recalled by a two-thirds vote of the Executive Committee (if appointed by the Executive Committee) or a two-thirds vote of the full Forum body (if elected by the full Forum body). Upon recall, the former Delegate would no longer be a member of the Employee Forum Executive Committee.
- Terms of Staff Assembly Delegates
Elected Staff Assembly Delegates shall serve a two or three-year term, from the September May meeting of the year of their election. The Employee Forum Chair shall serve as a Staff Assembly Delegate for the duration of his or her tenure. To ensure continuity, Staff Assembly Delegate terms will be staggered in accordance with the Staff Assembly Bylaws.